Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A New Kitchen for Me! (On a Budget!!)

We moved into a "new to us" house in June.  Since the moment I saw the house (in March of 2013) I couldn't wait to paint the kitchen.  After 6 months (and birthdays... and Christmas...) I was finally able to get my hands dirty and work on the kitchen.  I knew exactly what I wanted.  (Had it all planned out while still living in our other home!)  It was just a matter of getting it done.  I got a jump start on my project when I received a new granite sink and brushed nickel faucet for Christmas (Thanks Mom and Dad!!).  
This is my main inspiration picture: 
Of course I found this on Pinterest.  Posted by stevesblindsandwallpaper.com
Like so many of us, I also knew I had to work on a tight budget.  So, I thought I'd go through and write a post for each major project of my kitchen redo one at a time and show how I did them and how much they cost. Links: Counter topsArtwork The total cost for the whole kitchen was $600.  My cost (since I was gifted the sink and faucet! Thanks again Mom! ;) ) was $370.  This includes updated counter tops, new knobs, art work, paint, new lighting, under counter lighting and a back splash. 

Here are some more overall pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment