Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Spray Painting a Dresser

I Love spray paint.  So, when we needed to update our "bachelor pad" looking master bedroom on the cheep what did I do?  I grabbed the spray can and got right to it.  This dresser is really well built and in great shape.  But it's been around for awhile now and it's been many different colors.  It started out in my sister's room as a teenager and then followed me into my teenage bedroom and lastly I painted it the nice sea foam color pictured to go with all my pink and green stuff as a young adult.  
Then I got married.  
We needed a dresser.  So, it was moved into our room and there it sat for 6 1/2 years.  We put our house on the market and there is nothing more motivating than having your house for sale.  In a few short hours we had a much needed face lift to our bedroom for about $8.






I did not prime this piece first.  Mostly because I was going for a quick and cheep fix, not a lasting and perfect fix.  We plan to get "real" bedroom furniture when we move.  This will most likely get pushed into a guest room or a playroom at which time it will get painted again.


I used the RustOleum spray paint with hammered look to it. It only needed one coat and 2 cans of paint.




I'm feeling a little more adult after bringing this into our bedroom.  Also, I'm feeling inspired and ready for the next project!

No comments:

Post a Comment